Thursday, November 15, 2007

stuff and things...

I saw a commercial this evening where a guy in cool sunglasses stands at the top of the Empire State Building, squinting coolly into the setting, or rising, sun. He suddenly leaps off the top of the building and plummets, head first and flaming, into the concrete below, to explode on impact into thousands of little quicksilver spheres.
The spheres come together in the street and coalesce into the form of a Hummer with the guy in cool sunglasses behind the wheel.
The guy drops the Hummer into gear and drives up the face of the Empire State Building to continue squinting coolly into the either setting or rising sun.
I was about to hop on a bus to New York because it looked like a good time, when I noticed small print at the bottom of the screen telling me that this was only a "Dramatization" and informing me "Do Not Attempt".
Thank God for the small print at the bottom of commercials.

In other news...

China today recalled the toy reproduction of Marvin the Martian's Uranium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator, because it is actually not a reproduction at all.
A spokesperson for China stated, "Don't play with that toy! No!! Whole world go BOOM!"

In other news...

It was confirmed today that I am the "most buff" of all the men on staff with me at my job. This is very similar to being told that you are the "most attractive" of all the Ernest Borgnine look-alikes.

Those are the things I am telling you today.


That's my sign-off. You like it? I say it to myself in my Walter Conkite voice.

7 comments:

mister swarvey said...

I may be stealing some thunder from someone here, but I knew it was the Empire State Building because of the big, gold letters on it that said Empire State Building.

Stove said...

Why are people taking pictures of that building?

mister swarvey said...

That must be an important building!

Mark said...

It was recently pointed out that I am the largest person in our office. I am not the least buff, but I am the largest. Then again I work with a bunch of computer geeks, so if I were ever to become buff not only would the temperature of hell slip below 32f but I would still be the largest person in our office.

mister swarvey said...

When you were informed of such, did you smite the informer with your +2 Cudgel of Obviousness?

Johnny said...

I bet you could really beat up on a white board now if you are that buff..snicker snicker...

Mark said...

I may not be small but I am rarely the largest person in a decent sized group. In my high school I barely made it into the top 5% of tallest people. Since I rarely think of myself as the largest person around there was no desire to employ my cudgel of obviousness (it's +3 by the way).