Thursday, July 26, 2007

an aside...

Before I continue the disclosure started below...
On the local news this evening, they reported about a cat who lives in the dementia/last days on the planet wing of an elderly residential facility.
According to the report, the cat has the "uncanny" ability to predict the imminent death of the residents and will curl up with someone for their final hours.
Creeeepy.
This cat was fortunate to have been adopted early in its life by the facility. It would live a very different life, otherwise. Like if it lived with some guy...

"Hey. Hi there. Welcome to my home! Let me just get my coat and we can... Oh. Look at that. My cat seems to have taken a liking to you. Hmmm. "
"Oooh. Look at the nice kitty! He is lovely and he does seem to really like me. What's his name?"
"I have never named him. He is known as The Harbinger of Death. Maybe we should skip the movie. "

1 comment:

Kerry said...

The Harbinger of Death made it, not only to the New England Journal of Medicine, but also to the Today show...