Saturday, July 7, 2007

this happened last week...

I am attempting to.persue, if not a career in acting, at least a very serious hobby in acting. In this, I have met some people who have varying degrees of connection with the trade. I recently completed an acting class at the Perishable Theater in Providence. A girl, I am 38, she is 20, I think calling her a girl is appropriate, in my class tried out for and got a role in a low budget movie being shot in and around Bristol. She informed me they were looking for people to be extras in large fight scenes. She gave me the contact information for the company and in a couple of calls it was arranged for me to drive out to Bristol to take part in a massive practice fight "on set".
The "set" turned out to be a backyard, where people who looked like they still might be concerned about getting to home room on time were preparing to pretend to wack each other with nerf-swords.
I have done many silly things, and I am sure I will do many more, but man, I could just not get my head around that action.
I made up some excuse and bailed, feeling really good about the decision because I was feeling so bad about being part of it.
My ego, it seems, was open to further negotiations even though the rest of my conciousness was not.

No comments: