Wednesday, January 16, 2008

here's some stuff...

You ever have a nightmare and have no idea at all why it's a nightmare?
I had a dream last night that I was little and that I had taken the handset from an old fashioned wired-y type phone under the blankets and pillows in my bed with me and had fallen asleep with it. In the dream, my mother comes into the room and says, not screaming, but in a loud, stern voice, "Barry Fletcher is on the phone."
It scared the hell out of me, but I don't know why. At least, I didn't know why, until now.
I believe this:

is the Barry Fletcher from my dream.
He owns a hair care items and hair care products company. His website refers to items and products as two different things, not me.
Anyway, when looking for his products, I find this:
NOTE: We are currently out of stock on the Holistic Egg Creme Pomade.
I love Holistic Egg Creme Pomade and knowing it is unavailable is very scary.

In other news...
I was in a meeting yesterday where we were going over possible scheduling changes for an upcoming series of classes. I was going to suggest we trade two classes.
I suggested the change by asking if we could "swip-swap" the dates.
Luckily, I was the one who caught myself saying "swip-swap" and called it out before anyone else could make a comment.
This is a minor saving grace as I still said "swip-swap".
People were being helpful suggesting possible reasons why I might have said it, like, maybe I was thinking flip-flop and switch at the same time. This is very helpful, except I didn't do that. For some unknown reason, I really meant to say "swip-swap".
I am displeased with myself.

1 comment:

Stove said...

You're like, one step away from being Rachel Ray with that swip swap stuff.