Friday, January 25, 2008

i had some water...

I decided to have my body fat and over-all healthy-ness level measured. I might have found a better way to spend my time and the 35 dollars it cost. It was a bit of a pain, and I mean that very specifically.
My body fat was measured with the calipers method. For those of you who are not familiar with this method, it's basically where a technician grabs your fat flabs with a pair of pliers and squeezes until little numbers pop out. Then they write those numbers down.
When the technician gets to the lovehandles area and pinches the crippity-crap outta you, it really, really hurts a lot.
Interestingly, the very next thing on the list of measurements for your over-all healthy-ness is a blood pressure check.
The pinching hurt to the point where I wanted to punch the dude in his throat. Like, climb into his throat and punch him from inside his throat, because I think that would be really unpleasant for him.
Not surprisingly, after the intense pain, my blood pressure was a little high.

This post is not about the process of getting my body fat measured, though. It's about what happened the next day. My fat content was higher than it really should be so I've made some alterations to my day.
One of the things I know I need to do is drink more water.
At lunch yesterday, I bought a large bottle of water instead of a Coke Zero.
This post is about the bottle of water.

After lunch, I needed to use... the facilities. I needed to use them in the way where you are in a sitting position, not a standing one.
I had the bottle of water with me,
When I was finished with the facilities, I forgot the water in the stall. I didn't remember that I had left it in the stall until 15 minutes later.
The water became a lost soldier. There was no way I could get that water back. Well, that's not accurate. I could get the water back, but there's no way I could ever drink it.
Even though I don't really think anyone in my professional environment would do any of these things, all I could picture was a guy dropping a booger into my bottle or rubbing his butt cheeks on it or, really, touching it in any way either while, or just after, using the facilities.
It was suggested to me that I just go get the bottle and deal with it. The thought of getting the bottle and drinking the water, while having the thought that some kind of hanky-panky went on with the bottle, was enough to make me almost throw up some.
A thought inside a thought. A thought of a thought.
I might need help.

No comments: