Wednesday, January 2, 2008

remote blogging and forgotten things...

The spell check on my phone is not robust enough to offset my horrible spelling. I need it to be robuster.
Interestingly enough, the word robuster does not present as misspelled. What the hell is robuster anyway?
I am going to guess it is a noun. Perhaps a robuster is one who polishes bells. Or, some kind of scallywag.
Er... scallywag does present as misspelled.
Maybe my computer is using the same mind warbling cold medicine I mistakenly used this morning.
Wooo! Woooo!! Spinny head! Wooooooo!!

What is robuster? Hold please.
Hmm... Depends on where you look. Some places it comes up as misspelled, others it does not.
...And now I don't care anymore.

Here are some things I forgot to mention recently.
Jenn has superpowers. Well, she has at least one superpower which I will describe. Beyond the superpower I will describe, she also has the ability to deal with me, which some may say is also a superpower.
So, depending on how you look at it or how you perceive me, she may have superpower(s).
We left her uncle's house at about 9am to catch the train into Manhatten. We walked around in the semi-cold for the better part of 7 hours, drinking coffee and hot chocolate and Diet Coke. We then got back on the train back to her uncle's house.
We were gone for more than 8 hours.
I went to the bathroom before we left in the morning, then three times throughout the day.
Jenn did not go once.
That, to me, is a superpower, and certainly should be on the list of Wonder Woman's capabilities. If it isn't, her continuity needs a re-write. Some comic once asked where Wonder Woman went to the bathroom on the Invisible Jet or Plane or whatever. If she had the superpower of being able to hold her urine for an insane amount of time, like a reverse camel, she wouldn't need a bathroom on the plane.

When we got home from New York, I was getting into my car early in the morning of December 26th, needing to pick up my daughter by 7am. I laughed to myself, "Wouldn't it be funny if the car had a flat tire? Wouldn't that suck?"
Luckily, all the tires were inflated and ready to go. It's fortunate that they were because I would have lost my mind if I had to replace a flat tire after having to REPLACE THE TOTALLY DEAD BATTERY in the car.
I am an idiot. I have my Sirius radio running of the cigarette lighter. It doesn't turn off when I turn off the car. As I am in the car all the damned time, this has no effect. But, leave the car in the very cold for 2+ days with the Sirius slowly draining the battery and... pffft. Wouldn't even take a jump.
Ass.
Hole.
Me.

4 comments:

leej said...

I am not sure if that rates as a superpower, but it is pretty amazing.

On that same vein Doreen then would have superpowers. I have been with Doreen consistently for 19 years. I have yet to have evidence that she moves her bowels. Certainly never been "caught in the act".

Her other superpower is her ability to repel my sexual advances a high percentage of the time. I mean really...who washes their hair that much.

Stove said...

Having taste isn't a superpower, Lee.

Although she married you in the first place.

I'll have to ponder this some more.

A robuster sounds like something Mr. Pompeil would be selling to increase the taste of your turkeys or virignia hams.

Johnny said...

My tire blew out today due to the 4 ft. deep pot hole I hit. I was taking Jillian, my daughter to school. It was a very busy road, and I did't feel like changing it myself so I called my insurance company (I have towing and repair, which everyone should have ).

Driving to the mechanic, I blew out my spare tire, how funny is that :-)

Anyway 158 dollars for a new tire, was a nice way to kick off the new year.

Sorry this was more of a non-blog then a comment

mister swarvey said...

"A robuster sounds like something Mr. Pompeil would be selling to increase the taste of your turkeys or virignia hams."

Now that there is some funny crap.