Wednesday, January 16, 2008

remote non-podcasting...

One take only, no prep at all, bad audio quality, non-podcast found here.

I've been talking about doing this or something like it for a while. I'm trying to get Steve and the Mysterious M to play with me, but so far they have been both hesitant and reticent.
I'm still working on it. In the meantime, there is the above. It was captured on my phone while I was driving to the gym. I manage to only say, "Umm..." and "Uh.." seven or eight times, which isn't bad.
Some things I forgot to mention.
The site where you can capture MP3s from your very own phone is Drop.io. When you set up your drop to dial in to, you are given a number with a generated extension just for you. It's wicked neat. However, the number you are dialing in to is in NY, so bear it in mind if you pay for long distance. I don't know anyone who even says "long distance" anymore, but I thought I'd mention it.
Also, obviously, it eats minutes. I don't care because I have the maximum legal amount of rollover minutes in my account. I think, seriously, I have 3,500 minutes. That's like 60 hours. I think I'll be okay.
As I say in the 'cast, it's like Flo Jo and Courtney Love had a baby. What would the baby be? Quick and dirty. (How do you like that? Flo Jo and Courtney Love in the same joke. How timely. The only thing that would make it better would be a Kriss Kross reference. Which I guess I just made.)
The question now is, if I want to keep trying to do these one off, no prep, what-ever-they-ares, should I go with this format or drop a little money on a semi-decent digital recorder I can carry around with me as part of my ever increasing collection of semi-useful electronic crap?

If you read, let me know what you think, if you think anything.

4 comments:

Stove said...

I think it sounded fine.

Although any excuse to add another gadget should be used.

mister swarvey said...

Well of course that is how you and I think, but what about the Jenn...
I actually have to answer to someone else about where all my money is going.
I don't have a lot of a gadget budget.
Gadget budget.
Gadget budget.

Hard to say. Hard to type.

Stove said...

I'm not sure Jenn would worry so much about the price as about recreating the MP3 saga.

mister swarvey said...

I have no Saga MP3s.