Friday, September 14, 2007

limo drivers...

I will eventually write something about the limited time in which I was a limousine driver. There is a lot to tell and I don't have time right now, but I just saw something that reminded me of the kinds of people I was dealing with.
Coming down RT.4 I saw a limo lose it's right back tire. The tire blew up just as the limo was taking the exit. Rubber shrapnel was flying everywhere. The tire was shredded. The limo got to the end of the exit where there was a red light. The astute driver, who clearly felt something was wrong with the vehicle, leapt out to take a look at the tires, on his side of the car only.
Seeing nothing wrong with any of the tires on his side, he leapt back into the car and drove on when the light turned green. My path of driving lead me away from him soon after, but already the sparks were beginning to fly from the rim he was driving on at full speed.
Limo drivers are a rare breed.

No comments: