Saturday, October 27, 2007

errors and ommissions...

Man. I hate being wrong.
Went to dinner last night and Mark called me out for making an error. He was kind enough to do it in person and not in the public of my page for fear of making me look silly.
He might need to read the posts here a little more closely, but I appreciated the concern.
What was the error this time?
I referred to the below fellow as bushy mullet man. Mostly he was a funny looking dude and I really wanted to call him bushy mullet man because I like the way it sounds.
You bushy mullet man!
It's fun.


Mark, backed up by another friend Kerry, explained to me that he does not, in fact, have a mullet. His hair is not the required short in the front, long in the back. It's just long and frizzy all over the head.
They're right. I know. I really wanted to call him bushy mullet man, but in actuality he is horrible, out-of-control, everywhere-yet-thin afro man with cheesy mustache. But, that just doesn't have the same ring.
Kerry explained that in order to have a mullet, it must be short, short, like business short, in the front and long in the back. Hence, business in the front, party in the back.
However, this is only correct in the relative. What is short, is relative to what is long in the back.
So you can have long hair in the front as long as the hair in the back is much longer. Think of Bono circa Red Rocks.
I believe, if you look at the math, you must have a minimum 4:1 ratio of length in the back to the front.
Would this always work? I don't know. If you have one inch of hair in the front and four inches of hair on the back of your head, do you have a mullet?
I know if you have four inches of hair on the front of your head and sixteen down your back, you have a mullet for sure.
It may not be an absolute rule, but I think it is a good rule.
Using this rule and rudimentary GIMP-ing I attempted to create bushy mullet man from horrible, out-of-control, everywhere-yet-thin afro man with cheesy mustache.

Oh, that's one nice mullet, there, bushy mullet man!

In other news, Hayley's teeth have been fix-ed. Hopefully, we can all keep her from smashing her face into the ground some more.

No comments: