Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WORLD SERIES, BABY!! GO RED SOX!! WOO!!

I was watching Cavemen last night. It's not the train wreck I hoped it was going to be. It is not fascinatingly horrible, it is merely mediocre and bleagh.
I would like it a lot more if it was a lot worse.
It is not well written like this here scentence is as well written, however irregardless you might think I am saying.
They are only a couple of weeks, maybe a month, into their series, and they are already using this joke.
A woman, doesn't matter who the woman is, you don't really need the backstory, is on the phone. She is talking to someone about how much of a slut that person is, what a whore they are and do they not have ANY couth? Then they finish up the call by saying, "Okay Mother. I have to go now." Or something to that effect. That lets the listener know that she has been calling her MOM a slut and a whore. Get it!?

I know I spoke about open mic comedy night in a previous post from a couple of months ago, but I don't think I made reference to the fact that this kind of joke shows up an awful lot.
Steve and I were at a show one night, and a young man went to this particular well way more many times than was reasonable.
Some of his jokes were:
I was banging this woman the other night and I attempted anal on her. She wasn't into it, so I said, "It's the 21st century for God's sake! Get with the times Mom!"

and...

I played Little League baseball when I was a kid. I say I played Little League baseball, but I mostly just sat on the bench, because the coach wouldn't let me play. He didn't think I played good enough. So one day, I said to him, "I wish you would let me play. Come on, Dad!"

Several similar jokes later, I realized his Father was a real prick to him. But it was probably because of all the Mother/Son sex going on.

4 comments:

Stove said...

I heard that the possible WGA strike means every really crapty TV show this season will continue to film just because they have banked scripts.

I'm thinking that if this is the swill they are putting out, they shouldn't really be striking

mister swarvey said...

Now is the time to strike with our Pulp Fiction-y ZOMBIE movie, only we make it a crapty TV show!

Stove said...

"Now is the time to strike"

Was this bad pun intended? I ask merely for the sake of information.

mister swarvey said...

Well, with baseball on everyone's mind and the strike of the...
actually it was an unintentional poor choice of words.
Thanks for pointing out an inadequacy.

GO ROCKIES!!