Wednesday, October 10, 2007

more voice over stuff...

The ongoing anxiety I am experiencing about feeling silly standing in a closet talking to myself is becoming troublesome. If I am going to attempt this voice over crap at even a casual level, I have to get over it or move on and forget about it.
Jenn informed me that she would be at her mother's house tonight, so I would have the house to myself.
Perfect, I thought. With the apartment empty, I'll dive into some auditions and just get them done. I won't even care if I get jobs from them, I'll just use the time to get used to standing in a closet talking to myself.
I get home from work tonight, pull up some scripts and go into the closet. After a while, I manage to get past the silliness and begin to forget and just focus.
I achieve a level of focus that is frighteningly difficult for me, so I am completely freaked out when I hear a light tapping on the door.
Because the house was empty.
Except it wasn't.
Jenn came home to get some stuff.
Now, this is Jenn's home. She has every right to come home whenever she wants. I understand that. She doesn't understand that I am massively weirded out by a gentle tapping on a door that my mind was convinced was not to have anyone on the other side.
She kept asking if I was mad at her, which I wasn't, though I was mad at my own stupid reaction.
I choose hobbies that manage to frustrate the hell out of me. I think I'm missing the whole hobby point.
Not that this is a hobby. This is a future career for me. It would be nice, anyway.
I went to the gym and calmed down. When I got home, Jenn was gone.
I went back into the closet and managed to focus again. This is a miracle for me.

Here's some of what I said in the closet:

"You're Listening To Music Intrend With DJ Amp And Nooker"

"Music Intrend By Your Request"

"Music Intrend"

"Music Hot! Music Hit!"

"Talk A Break With DJ Amp"

The spelling mistakes are not mine. I don't even know what the hell I was talking about. It was stuff for a Filipino, web-based, radio station.
I'm not sure dealing with a Filipino Nooker is legal.

No comments: