Wednesday, October 24, 2007

more irregardless writing...

I imagine I shouldn't be very demanding when it comes to the writing level of commercials. I imagine my level of demanding should drop when I am watching a Taco Bell commercial.
I imagine I have a serious problem for allowing the level of writing on a commercial of any kind to take up any space at all in my head.
So, okay. I have a problem. Have we met?
This Nachos Bell Grande with Chili commercial is bothering me. It encompasses about 35 different flavors of cliche'.
A younger and older brother are sitting on a couch. Cliche' number 1. A couch? Could they not have put any more imagination into their whereabouts??
Kidding. That is not the cliche'.
The cliche's start with the appearance of the younger and older brother. Young is nerdy with a nerdy striped shirt and nerdy glasses. Old is safe, pseudo-hip with some army looking jacket on and reasonable spiky hair. He is obviously the most cool of the two.
He is going to share with the younger his rules on life. This conversation itself is a cliche.
The younger, clearly more intelligent brother, speaks intelligently while the older is using hipster speak and is less intelligent.
He uses the, "I am going to tell you three things. Number 1 is blah, bleagh, blah. Number 2 is bleh, bleh, bleh and C is balh, bleh, blargh.."

Um...

There are a lot of cliches and the commercial sucks. I've run out of umbrage.

2 comments:

Stove said...

The chick with the Dragon tat is pretty hot, though

mister swarvey said...

Yeah. If I had had the energy to complete this useless post, I would have gotten there.