Thursday, March 13, 2008

bottles of pee...

Staying on the gross-out/GIMP'ed picture track for another day.

While driving down the highway, have you ever noticed bottles of urine on the side of the road?
I gather that drivers, I am assuming man drivers, occasionally get hit with an overwhelming need to go number 1 while driving. Instead of finding a convenient place to get out of the car, like a rest stop or something insane like that, they utilize whichever container they happen to have on hand, then huck the container out the window.
This is an unpleasant practice.
I've noticed that, for some reason, these are frequently Pepsi bottles. It might say something about the Pepsi purchasing demographic. Like, it might say that less than intelligent people buy a bunch of Pepsi sodapop and go driving all over the place then are apparently surprised when all the sodapop they just drank has to come back out again so they refill the bottle they just emptied.
Sometimes, its not a Pepsi bottle, it's a Snapple bottle. At least, with the Snapple bottle, you have a larger entry way for your self. You are more likely able to complete your actions without getting damp. Given the size of the mouth on a bottle of Pepsi, I can't see the process going smoothly or non-back-splashingly.
The difference in the levels of fullness is what confuses me the most.
Often, the bottle looks like this:


Occasionally, the bottle looks like this:


I am curious how this happens. I don't know if it is possible for a person to carry that much fluid around in their bladders. And, if they are carrying that much fluid around, it would have to have built up over a considerable period of time. If it's building up for a considerable period of time, wouldn't it occur to you? Wouldn't the normal biological alarm buzzers be going off for a while?
That much having to go, it wouldn't sneak up on you, is what I'm saying.

The other answer, I guess, is that there are people who have a bottle sitting around the car for just this reason. And it fills up over a period of time. You could keep in in the glove compartment, I imagine.

It's a practice I can't see being a big hit with "the ladies".

1 comment:

leej said...

This may explain the "big mouth" bottles that were popular a few years ago. I often found them hard to drink out of, now I know why.