Thursday, March 20, 2008

my starbucks idea...

Well, not MY Starbucks idea, but the ideas of others. Starbucks has implemented a site that will allow people to make suggestions to improve the overall experience of going to Starbucks.

Check it HERE!

Many people are asking for free WiFi in Starbucks.
I hope, somewhere, someone paid for WiFi so they could get onto this site and suggest free WiFi.

Let's look at some specific suggestions, shall we?

Play the music a little softer, so that I can make business calls from my cell phone and it's not so obvious that I'm out in public.
You lazy bastard. Stop making phone calls from a coffee shop. No one else drinking coffee there wants to hear you butter someone up to purchase your crap anyway. Find an office. Hell, just find a room. Bah.

I find it hard to venture off to new things because I'm not sure if I'll like them or not. $4.50 is a lot to spend on coffee you're unsure about.
Please look up the definition of "suggestion". What you have posted is really more of a "comment", and a "useless" one at that.

more coffee smells
***blank stare*** ***blink, blink***

Live jazz ... poetry readings ... short film festival hosting ... BBQ fair
I am assuming this is a joke. Have you ever been INSIDE a Starbucks? They tend to not be amphitheater-ish. Beyond that, I don't see a strong connection betwixt coffee and BBQ.

I think first Starbucks should offer free internet. I am a law student and have spent 2 1/2 of those 3 years in law school at my favorite local Starbucks. So it would be nice to have one or two comfy study desks for students to spread out. I always fell guilty using the handicap table.
I guess I am out of the coffeehouse loop. Is it really an establishment's responsibility to give you a comfy place to sit and study all day? Suppose everyone who came in wanted to spend the day on a nice couch? How could everyone be accommodated?
Leads us back to the above suggestion. Maybe the ultimate Starbucks suggestion would to open a furniture store sized location with 1000 couches and free WiFi.

Many Batista's like my idea of recycling my coffee sleeve. Three reasons why. First, I'm recycling.

Second, I order the same drink every time only the size of the cup changes. My sleeve has my order already printed very legibly on it so any Batista at any Starbucks location can read it. My name is also printed on it!! (Its kind of funny when they see a sleeve from the December holiday promotion in the month of July)


Third, Batista's like that it speeds up the order taking, and I never mess up my order of "Venti-Soy-No Whip-7 pump chocolate-180 degree-....Mocha." ..Whew!!

I would suggest this person be careful of their shoulder ligaments while patting themselves on the back, but as they are drinking a "7 pump chocolate" drink, they probably can't get their arms up that far.

2 comments:

Stove said...

On the last guy, I think you missed his implied suggestion that they replace all of the coffee makers (baristas) with bad baseball players, like Juan Batista.

Did you know there have been 34 guys named Batista to play in pro ball in the USA, but only one made the majors? That's a pretty low percentage, so maybe they would actually make good coffee instead.

mister swarvey said...

Ah. Perceptive reading. I love it! I glossed right over it.

And..

I did not know that!
Thank you STAT-MAN!