Sunday, March 30, 2008

more playwritey class stuffs...

I'm behind on posts about the playwriting class I am in.
Sorry.

Here's this weeks assignment.

For reasons we have not been given yet, we were to listen to conversations going on around us, where ever we were, and capture interesting lines we heard. Six of them.

Here's my six, with some explanation.

1. (Angry sigh) Get the bucket!
This is from the failure at Dunkin Donuts. Look for a previous post on the subject. No need to go into details on it.

2. Your skin's too soft for jeans.
Some associates in the program I work for were making fun of another one for not wanting to wear jeans on casual Friday.

3. We have many different levels of quality of meat.
Some Spanish associates brought in special meat from their homeland. It is very expensive meat, but you can buy it for less and less money, which makes me nervous.

4. You are my pig.
Again, the Spanish associates. This is the literal translation of something you can say to women folk while in Spain. I asked if this was a good opening line, and they said, "Ha! No. You will get a smack." So, I don't know why they use it.

5. Did you know, if you drink water that is under 32degrees Fahrenheit, your body will burn 80 extra calories an hour?
Two sales-type women who apparently missed early science lessons.

6. Americans have a bubble of personal space, but, you have a BIG bubble!
A middle-eastern associate speaking the truth about me.

1 comment:

Stove said...

5. IT'S JUST A COOKEEEHHH!!!!