Saturday, August 25, 2007

cashew juice update...

First off, I am spelling cashew correctly. I feel good about that.
Secondly, while the work crew mentioned in my last post was having the mid-day pizza, which I believe is required by law under these circumstances, a lady poured herself a big cup of the cashew juice.
Now, I knew she thought it was lemon aid, because that's what makes sense to have on a table with pizza for a bunch of people who have been working in a brownie all day.
As she brought it to her lips, he nose caught wind of what was going on and told her mouth to not take the big gulp she would have taken normally.
She took an apprehensive little sip. Then she made a face similar to the face I believe I made when I first heard about the website devoted to counting down to when the Olsen twins, who were nine at the time, would be "legal".
She said, brightly, "Oh! This doesn't taste right to me at all!"
"It's cashew juice." I offered helpfully.
"Is THAT what it is?", she said. Then promptly dumped it in the garbage.

Mmmm. Cashew juice.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

For the record, I learned something from your non-blog... I never realized that cashew juice existed so then I had to google it. Apparently the cashew nut is defined botanically as fruit. Now while technically I didn't learn anything from your non-blog per se, but it started my quest for knowledge so thank you...

mister swarvey said...

If swarveyland exists for one reason, that reason is to promote horticultural curiosity.