Friday, August 31, 2007

i am in a fight...

As I was on the way to the gym yesterday, I felt something large crawling up my leg. I have fairly hairy legs, however, so gaging size based on the tactile feedback of hair displacement can be difficult and deceptive.
It felt big though. It had some mass. I could feel it's weight on my leg. I yelped like a small girl and almost turned into oncoming traffic trying to get whatever it was off my leg.
Those of you who have been reading stuff I've written for some time, might be reminded of the fight I had with the imaginary rat that lived behind the firewall of my VR6. If I can find the recount of that fight, I will post it. THIS was different though.
This time, I actually saw the thing I was fighting with.
It dragged its fat body off my leg and landed on the floor of the car with an audible plop. (I may have colored this detail in with my mind. I can admit to imaginus overactus.) It then, somehow, though the size of a mini-dvd, disappear.
I am not big into the squishing of living things. I avoid stepping on ants and will not kill what doesn't need to be killed. Mosquitoes actively sucking my blood need to be killed.
Giant mutant killer spiders, scuttling around my feet, giving me sickening waves of revulsion, need to be killed.
I started stomping my feet around, trying to shmoosh it. I couldn't find it though. It was gone.
But... it is NOT gone. It is performing stealth attacks on me. It is biting me, the little mother...
Check this out:
what IS that?

See? Do you see!? Evidence of the attack. I'm not crazy. YOU'RE crazy!

Can anyone guess what body part that is, by the way? I took the picture, and it's my body, and I can't quite tell what it is.

1 comment:

Stove said...

Dude I bet the rat would totally take out that spider.

You need the rat back. Whatever happened to that Jetta anyway, i wonder.