Saturday, August 11, 2007

poise in a crisis...

A crisis will bring out a person's true nature. Even a small crisis.
Jenn and I came home tonight after seeing a movie. When we got off the elevator, we were startled by a dark blot swooping through the air in the foyer between the elevator door and the door to the hallway.
I stood there, a little shocked, trying to figure out what it was. Jenn left me in a cloud of dust, not even pausing to hold the door to the hallway for me. She didn't actually slam the door to the hallway to leave me as a sacrifice to the bat, which is what the blot was, but it was close.

3 comments:

Stove said...

dude, you have to sympathize with jenn. I mean, bats go for hair, and she's got some. If it attacked you it would be like the little biplanes getting hit by king-kong, you know when they kind of hit kong and then bounce off weakly? No bat is coming after you. Except the kind that turn you into a skroat, watch out for those.

*as a public service for any children reading the blog, bats don't actually for hair, however as this was the centerpiece of my joke, I had to say it. Sorry for any confusion and I hope that I will not be bombarded by bat activists.

mister swarvey said...

Best comment today on either the INtraWeb or the UltraNet.

Anonymous said...

As long as she didn't screech while booking it down the hallway, she did nothing wrong!