Thursday, August 2, 2007

my head...

I've tried to explain to people what happens to my head sometimes. I will try to describe it to you know.
Sometimes I feel like there is a woodchuck trapped in my skull, and that the woodchuck is not happy with being trapped in my skull and is trying to claw and chew its way out.
In April, I was in the Emergency room at 1am on a Sunday night. I was sweating, vomiting, disoriented and sweating. I was very sweating.
I've had migraines once in a while in my life, but their frequency and ferociousness is increasing. It's become worrying.
As it has been a very long time since I've been to the dentist, it began to occur to Jenn and I that maybe my teeth had something to do with it. They may not be the whole reason, but they certainly could not be helping.
There's been like a perfect storm of me going to the dentist forming around me. My teeth hurt, my headaches are increasing, and Jenn told me she wouldn't marry me unless I went.
So, I was going to go anyway. But now I can say I had to decide for my health and well being, that it wasn't only because Jenn told me I had to.
I have control.
I have some say.
Yes I do.
I went the the dentist today.


happy dentist
Look at this ceramic dentist trying to lull me into a sense of well being.
I know better than that.
You can't pull one over on me, ceramic dentist!


X-Ray thing
The nice dental hygienist told me she just needed to shove this in my face to take an X-Ray. I believe this entire contraption was in my mouth.

The dentist guy showed up after a while to inform me that he wasn't quite sure what the problem was, and that is always confidence inspiring. He said that the small X-Rays, taken with the big yellow thing shoved in my face, were not big enough for him to see everything he needed to see.
He asked me to follow him into another room.
I thought, is the other thing they want to shove into my face so big it needs its own room?
No. I was being silly. It was a panoramic X-Ray machine and very little of it had to be shoved into my face, which was great because I'm not a fan of such things.
However, this new machine required that I simultaneously hold a small stick between my teeth, keep my head "perfectly" still, (Saying perfectly still adds a lot of pressure and actually makes staying still much harder. Just some advice for if you ever need to ask someone to stay still.) keep my tongue on the roof of my mouth, stay a little bit on my tip toes and hold a quarter between my butt cheeks while a death ray revolved around my head.
I am not exaggerating.

When the results were in, the dentist guy said, "Haha! Wooo! You want to take a look at this?"
No. The dentist says, "Haha! Wooo!", and I am not at all interested.

Here's what he saw:
sideways tooth1
sideways tooth2
sideways tooth3


I realize these pictures look like they could be of the Loch Ness monster, so I will illustrate another way.
sideways mickey
See Micky Dolenz' head? It's going in the wrong direction and pushing on Peter Tork's head. It's subtle, I know. I hope you can see it.
Anyway, that's what my molars are doing. Growing in the wrong direction and pushing on Peter Tork's head. Any idiot can see this is why I've been getting migraines.

2 comments:

leej said...

So whats the next step? Are you getting oral extraction surgery? Also how does this affect Davie Jones and Mike Nesmith?

mister swarvey said...

Mike Nesmith no longer wants to be associated with my mouth on any level. Davy Jones is easy going and is happy to have a mouth to be in.