Tuesday, August 21, 2007

funny quotes from lunch...

Today at lunch we were talking movies based on true stories and how some of these movies involve presenting vital plot points that were not witnessed by anyone living.
One example was Flight 93. In the movie, the passengers plan to overtake the terrorists by storming the cockpit, but no one really knows what happened during the flight.
The other one that came up was The Perfect Storm. Once the other boats head back and the Andrea Gail kept sailing out there was no further contact from them. There is no way to guess what happened. It's all conjecture.
Fine. This is not an earth-shaking conversation.
One of the guys I was eating with asked, "Was the movie based on a true story or real events?"
I lost it. I am rude sometimes and have no control and will laugh at you if you do something funny. This comment struck me and hugely funny and I guffaw-ed my butt off.
While I was laughing at him, he said, "Hey. At least I got someone laughing. I'm glad I aim to please."
Then I died.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

dude, I can so see you doing that, and what the f is guffaw-ed is that French?

mister swarvey said...

It is not French.
You are French.