Wednesday, February 20, 2008

movies that make men cry...

Apparently, a lot of people are looking at this list. I only decided to mention it, because I was just talking to Steve and the mysterious M about a movie that makes me cry every time I see it.

Firstly, here is the list:
20 Movies That Make Men Cry

There are some softballs in here. Nothing too challenging.
One of the big ones for me is UNBREAKABLE (edit- This has been de-assed. I shouldn't post crap when I am sick and not really with it. Big props to Steve.) The scene where Bruce Willis acknowledges to his son that his son was right about him, by quietly pushing the newspaper towards him, then telling him to shush when he responds excitedly? Do you know the scene? If not, go watch the movie because you're missing a good one.
Regardless, that scene is beautifully shot, directed and acted and it makes me weep like a small, lonely child left behind at the pet store.

2 comments:

Stove said...

The thing that makes me a little verclempt in The Sixth Sense is when he tells his mother that grandma says hi or whatever. Obviously the line is different than that.

My primary reason to comment, however, is that the scene you describe is from Unbreakable.

mister swarvey said...

Wow.
I call Big Suck on me.