Monday, February 4, 2008

you are sooo lazy, you INTRAweb peoples...

I had predicted that some lame-oid would change the words to Casey At The Bat to reflect the outcome of the Super Bowl last night.
It seemed like the kind of thing some resident of the UltraWeb might do.
Steve said my thought was similar to the million monkeys and the million typewriters thing, in that, eventually, everything will happen on the MegaNET.
I said I was willing to narrow down my prediction. I said it would happen TODAY.

Well, you lazy bastards haven't done it yet. Oh, there are many mentions of Mudville when it comes to the Pats.
Someone, on another blogger blog went so far as this:

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville—the mighty (Patriots) struck out.

LAZY! YOU LAZY PERSON!

I can now say, having found the above, that my prediction has come true, but only in the strictest sense, not in spirit.
I am not satiated.

Back to work you damned monkeys!!

2 comments:

Stove said...

I'm willing to give you credit on that one.

mister swarvey said...

Thanks. I do feel better.