Monday, February 11, 2008

the severed head of Walt Disney...

We have (had now) what I believe is the severed head of Walt Disney in our living room. There are several interesting things about having the severed head of Walt Disney in our living room, beyond just HAVING it.
Our building is surrounded by a good sized forest-y area. One of the dudes who live in the building was traipsing around the forest the other day and stumbled across:


Here are some of the things that I find interesting:
1. He found it.
2. He picked it up.
3. When he picked it up, he thought immediately of Jenn and asked her if she wanted it.
4. She said, "Yes."

So, we ended up with Walt Disney's head. It is a large, ceramic sculpture which is a good deal larger than an actual head. It is large enough, in fact, for me to firmly believe there is a real head encased within. It could be a portable cryogenic device.

Here's a closer look.

It's charming, right?


After it sat around for a couple of days, it began to spout little nodules:

These are either nodules of mold, or of mildew, I'm not sure which. I am sure that having a severed head sculpture that was in the woods for some period of time, close to a water source we know to be significantly contaminated, is not a good idea.

When I mentioned to Jenn that I thought it should be removed, she agreed with me. I went to argue with her and it took me a couple of seconds to realize that she had agreed with me.

Walt Disney's severed head is soon to be on it's way to a garden where it will live until it takes on its new form.

2 comments:

rfox said...

Looks more like Dick Van Dyke.....
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2a/Dick_Van_Dyke_2_crop.jpg/220px-Dick_Van_Dyke_2_crop.jpg

mister swarvey said...

That's a good call. You're right. It looks a lot like DVD.
But, on the other hand, you're wrong, because I am right.